Director, Regulatory Framework Improvement and CAT Transformation
Primary Location: New York, US
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Salary Range: $150,000-$250,000 per year (*Remote/NYC)
We are seeking a highly experienced professional to lead the assessment and improvement of the regulatory framework around the Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT) for our client, a global bank. The ideal candidate will manage and run a steering committee, interfacing with senior stakeholders, including global heads, and making recommendations. The process will likely involve a vendor selection process for an alternate vendor, gap analysis, and migration planning to build a robust, industrial-strength capability and define a future-state TOM (Target Operating Model).
- Assess and optimize the current regulatory framework around CAT, ensuring compliance with global regulations and reporting requirements.
- Manage and run a steering committee, working closely with senior stakeholders and global heads to assess, recommend, and implement changes to the target operating model.
- Lead a vendor selection process for an alternate CAT vendor, ensuring alignment with the bank’s strategic objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct gap analysis and develop a comprehensive migration plan for transitioning to the new vendor and operating model.
- Collaborate with internal development teams and third-party vendors to deliver project objectives on time and within budget.
- Communicate regularly with senior stakeholders to provide updates on progress, issues, risk assessments, and rule changes, influencing key decision-making.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with regulatory bodies and industry organizations.
- Continuously monitor the regulatory landscape and industry trends to ensure the bank’s readiness for future regulatory changes.
- Proven experience in operations, regulatory environment, and subject matter expertise across capital markets products, trade flows, and reporting requirements
- Proven experience with running a CAT project/program for a significant financial institution
- Familiarity with current vendor capabilities
- Minimum 10 years of experience in leading regulatory reporting transformation, risk and controls management, and program management roles in well-known financial institutions
- Strong knowledge of various regulatory jurisdictions, including CAT, TRACE, CFTC, LOPR, MiFID, EMIR, ASIC, HKMA, and MAS
- Experience in leading multi-year, large-scale global initiatives with significant budget and resource management responsibilities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with and influence senior stakeholders and regulatory bodies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify gaps and provide recommendations for improvements
- Experience in vendor selection and management processes
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or a related field, advanced degree or relevant certifications preferred
Prospect 33 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are a diverse and inclusive company. Great talent is always welcome at Prospect 33 regardless of background, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religious views, or even political views.