Primary Location: New York, NY, US
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Prospect 33 is a niche consultancy focused on the financial services industry, primarily the investment banking industry in New York and London. We have a footprint of clients spread around the US and Europe in locations ranging from Jacksonville, FL to Boston, MA. We deliver a range of consulting services to our clients including some contract placement and some project consulting services. We have also built a unique training course focused on developing the next generation of “Future Leaders” for the financial services industry.
We are expanding our team based on demand from our current clients. We’re looking to add an experienced Senior Accountant consultant to enable our clients to be successful by:
- Study and implement changes to CECL model; Revise policies and process docs. Manage and oversee CECL reserve process, including off balance sheet, investments, and providing supporting documentation as required with / knowledgeable of Economic drivers, ability to intrepid and explain impact they will have on reserve
- Monthly reconciliations and reporting of charge-offs and recoveries
- Monthly and Quarterly CECL reserve reassessment and true-up by LOB
- Quarterly CECL calculation, assessment and documentation, allocation to LOB, write-ups, and financial and BOD reporting
- Validation, Audit, and Regulatory Exam support
- Generate schedules and write disclosures for financial and regulatory reporting
- Prepare Loan Master File for distribution, may be replaced by system report
- Investigate any differences to the general ledger
- Monthly, quarterly, & annual financial statements, analytical, & regulatory filings
- Monthly Pershing income recording & accounts reconciliations (NetX360)
- Monthly private placement revenue tracking & recording
- Monthly check deposits, fee income recording & accounts reconciliations (manual)
- Allocation of all non-interest income by LOB
- Monthly expense recording (accruals and amortizations)
- Other accounting & balance sheet account reconciliations (such as FINRA Web CRD)
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Monthly FOCUS Reports and quarterly SSOI Reports (FINRA)
- Accounting and payment of periodic fees (SIPC Form 6&7 fees and FINRA fees)
- Monthly BOLI J/E’s & reconciliation to Oracle G/L
- Properly account for any claims activity
- Periodic analytical support and BOD reporting
Successful Candidates Will Possess:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA and or CPA preferred, Series 27 Securities License preferred
- Minimum 6-10 years of progressively responsible experience i.e. banking/Allowance for loan loss experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of general ledger systems, including preparation and approval of GL entries, month-end close process and results analysis
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Responsible, flexible individual with strong mathematical and analytical skills and an extensive knowledge of all aspects of accounting, in general and specifically as applied to financial institutions.
- Possess strong analytical and communication skills
- Knowledge of Economic drivers and familiar as to how they will impact the reserve short-term and long-term
- Proficient in Excel
- Willingness to take on special projects as they arise
- Ability to work individually or in a collaborative environment and meet tight deadlines
Prospect 33 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are a diverse and inclusive company. Great talent is always welcome at Prospect 33 regardless of background, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religious views, or even political views.