Primary Location: New York, NY, US
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Prospect 33 is a niche consultancy focused on the financial services industry, primarily the investment banking industry in New York and London. We have a footprint of clients spread around the US and Europe in locations ranging from Jacksonville, FL to Boston, MA. We deliver a range of consulting services to our clients including some contract placement and project consulting services. We have also built a unique training course focused on developing the next generation of “Future Leaders” for the financial services industry.
We are expanding our team based on demand from our current clients. We’re looking to add two experienced Business Analyst consultants to enable our clients to be successful by:
- Gather Business Requirements via workshops with SME’s and end-users. Align requirements to future state business process.
- Creation of user wireframes, process flows, and control points.
- Create and execute UAT test scenarios & cases that cover the essential business scenarios/use cases (front & back end)
- Carry out UAT on behalf of business end-users for validation & sign-off, clarify any functional queries that may arise during testing activities. Defect correction (JIRA) with developers.
- Validation of data interface specifications and support IT testing.
- Support the transition to BAU with user base
- Create Application User Guides and Demo application to user base
- As an FRTB Business Analyst within Global Risk Group, you will support an implementation of the BCBS Minimum Capital Requirements for Market Risk, a.k.a. Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB).
- In your role, you will provide analysis and assistance, ensuring that the strategic build-out of the overall Market Risk platform toward FRTB compliance is complete and robust. More specifically Intraday Limit Monitoring
- Drive the analysis of regulatory requirements and related guidance documents
- Requirement’s documentation and reporting of system enhancements, business processes, operational controls, and data flows within the market risk technology platform, ensuring accuracy and consistency with FRTB standards
- Assisting risk managers with the creation and development of project artifacts, such as detailed business specifications for market risk systems – with the goal of efficiently reaching FRTB standards
- Assisting with business process engineering, ensuring all processes are effective, efficient and in compliance with FRTB
- Providing effective User Acceptance Testing, ensuring the appropriate validation.
- Working with Risk IT colleagues and other stakeholders to reach agreeable and effective solutions to often complex technical problems
- Contributing ideas and concerns, and escalating issues for tactical and strategic system solutions and business process improvements
- Assisting with communications and training of impacted staff
- 5+ years of BA experience in Capital Markets, either in Market Risk, Middle Office / Product Control or Back Office.
- Solid knowledge of market risk function, systems and processes, and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to clearly communicate highly technical concepts to business stakeholders.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with attention to detail and communication skills
- Solid understanding of IT practices and ability to manage and prioritize development tasks.
- Limit management experience a plus
- Background in analyzing business process
- Documenting business flow
- Creating effective presentations explaining complex business flows
- Strong problem-solving ability
Prospect 33 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are a diverse and inclusive company. Great talent is always welcome at Prospect 33 regardless of background, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religious views, or even political views.