Primary Location: New York, New York, US
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
This position is responsible for creating, executing, and managing end-to-end test plans and all testing-related activities to ensure the solution works as expected. Your job will be to ensure that the software is ready to be released by testing functionality, performance, reliability, stability, and compatibility with other legacy and/or external systems whenever applicable. This role requires a professional with a sharp eye for details who can work resourcefully and efficiently to assure the quality of programs, software, and systems. There are a few roles available, and testers with direct, specialized experience in performance testing, UI automation testing, and API testing will be able to take on job functions that focus on those specific areas.
- Works closely with the development team to ensure the effectiveness and quality of the components and systems developed.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements, and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document, and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts, and automated scripts.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Design, deploy, and execute regression tests using automated tools (i.e.: TestStudio, Selenium).
- Stay current with the most common vulnerabilities on the web (owasp top 10).
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established.
- 2-3+ years of relevant QA technical experience.
- Experience writing automated test scripts using Selenium or a similar framework.
- Experience with source control – Git/TFS.
- Experience working with JIRA or similar workflow and issue tracking frameworks.
- Experience performing static, white box, black box, and regression testing.
- Experience developing and executing test scripts, tests plans & checklists, and traceability matrix.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle concepts.
- Knowledge of object-oriented analysis, design, and coding.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
Prospect 33 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are a diverse and inclusive company. Great talent is always welcome at Prospect 33 regardless of background, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religious views, or even political views.