Primary Location: Washington, DC, Washington, DC, US
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Our client, a mortgage loan company, is seeking a Financial Analyst to join their team. This individual will report to the Director of Resolution Planning and will support the Director in driving and conducting financial analysis that supports team’s efforts in meeting the resolution planning objectives and requirements. The role will require significant coordination to work on all aspects of the organizations Resolution Plan, and the position will be primarily responsible for supporting the plan’s financial analysis and the development of new forecasting capabilities. In addition, this role will liaise with other areas within the Capital and Resolution Planning division in order to gauge capital management. This person can be located in the New York or Washington D.C. Metropolitan areas.
The Capital and Resolution Planning division is responsible for the planning, forecasting, and optimization of capital. The team focuses on the oversight of all capital management, capital planning and elements related to risk appetite and capital contingency, as well as strategic and policy initiatives. This position will also help to design the designation of the organizations Core Business Lines, develop the Enterprises’ resolution strategic analysis, financial analysis, and capabilities. In this regard, the role will support a wide range of analytical work that will help decide and support their strategies – including capital planning, resolution planning and capabilities within the stress testing framework.
- Partner with the Resolution Planning Director and Team, as well as colleagues across the organizations businesses and divisions to support the design and development of the Resolution Plan.
- Support the design and implementation of a resolution planning process that aligns with enterprise, regulatory and stakeholder expectations.
- Focus on the development and implementation of financial capabilities for the resolution program, including financial forecasting, capital and liquidity analyses and metrics.
- Utilize these financial capabilities to conduct detailed analyses and develop conclusions regarding the enterprise’s resolvability.
- Support the initial development of regulatory materials support the resolution plan, including analyses used to support management and regulators make key decisions regarding its strategy and approach.
- Support other areas within capital to help garner a more comprehensive view of capital across a stress continuum
- 5-7 years of related professional / industry experience – previous banking experience in capital planning strongly preferred, ideally with knowledge of TLAC and resolution planning
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills, with previous experience in financial / capital forecasting for a top tier financial firm
- Strong writing and presentation skills, including ability to distill key messages from complex financial analyses for presentations to senior management, regulators and other stakeholders
- Ability to synthesize feedback from various stakeholders engaged in the resolution planning process and propose solutions to complex problems
- Excellent excel and analytical skills – resolution planning is a very dynamic and complex space that will entail thorough financial analyses
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ownership of work product from start to finish
- An undergraduate degree is required. Advanced degrees (MBAs, Masters, strong preferred)
- Strong leadership, organization, analytical, project management, and communication skills
- Attention to detail – excellent writing skills and financial analysis skills
- Show flexibility in thinking as new processes are developed and multiple iterations are expected, given resolution planning is a new effort for the enterprise
- Ability to quickly learn complicated concepts and take feedback from subject matter experts to obtain desired inputs/results for analysis
- Develop proposed solutions to an extensive range of complicated problems. Solutions should be innovative, thorough, and practicable
Prospect 33 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are a diverse and inclusive company. Great talent is always welcome at Prospect 33 regardless of background, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religious views, or even political views.