Primary Location: , , US
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
This position is responsible for creating, executing and managing end-to-end test plans and all testing related activities to ensure the solution works as expected. Working in direct collaboration with the dev/infra teams, the QA Analyst will ensure that the software is ready to be released by testing functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy and/or external systems whenever applicable. This role requires a professional with a sharp eye for details who can work resourcefully and efficiently to assure quality of programs, software and systems.
- Works closely with the development team to ensure the effectiveness and quality of the components and systems developed.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Designs, deploys and executes regression tests using automated tools (i.e.: TestStudio, Selenium).
- Stay current with new advances in web development (server and client side technologies).
- Stay current with the most common vulnerabilities on the web (owasp top 10).
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established.
- 1-2 years of relevant QA technical experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows & IIS.
- Experience writing automated test scripts using Selenium or similar framework.
- Experience with source control – Git/TFS.
- Experience working with JIRA or similar workflow and issue tracking frameworks.
- Experience performing static, white box, black box and regression testing.
- Experience developing and executing test scripts, tests plans & checklists, and traceability matrix.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle concepts.
- Knowledge of object oriented analysis, design, and coding.
- Experience with Visual Studio.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MSSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis, Cosmos DB, MongoDB).
- Experience working with Agile Frameworks.
Prospect 33 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are a diverse and inclusive company. Great talent is always welcome at Prospect 33 regardless of background, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religious views, or even political views.