Primary Location: Canada
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Our client, an international investment bank, is looking for a Data Scientist to join their quantitative division, partnering with the trading desks across the firm to design, prototype, and deliver analytics solutions by deploying cutting-edge data science tools and techniques. You will be an integral part of the team that works closely with portfolio managers, technology leaders, and data platform owners through the organization to combine Machine Learning techniques with domain expertise across Fixed Income, Equities, and Credit. You will take point on running data science research projects and developing POCs along with building scalable, systematic solutions, and work to integrate these into the day-to-day lives of the users.#LI-NL1
- Advanced Degree (MS or Ph.D.) in Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology or a related field
- 5+ years of hands-on, technical experience with data science in a financial services setting
- Demonstrated experience using a wide range of techniques and algorithms to deliver insights
- Demonstrated experience in understanding business challenges and theoretical insights and translating them to working code
- Multi-asset class experience, including securitized products (Fixed Income, Equities, and Credit, etc)
- Hands-on experience with various Machine Learning tools, libraries, and development platforms, including Jupyter.
- Programming experience in Python, SQL, VBA
- Critical thinking and the ability to drive changes
- Exposure to AutoML Platforms such as Data Robot/Dataiku/H2O.ai.
- Ability to compose dashboards in one or more of Plotly Dash, Tableau, Qlikview, D3.js
Prospect 33 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are a diverse and inclusive company. Great talent is always welcome at Prospect 33 regardless of background, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religious views, or even political views.